As Nigeria and Ebonyi state precisely will be teteering on the cusp of a new political era come 2023,it’s imperative to have a little flash walk into the future considering several foregoing and current political unfolding and permutation within and outside the state.
The gospel song of Equity and fairness that has been on the lips of every well meaning son’s and daughters of Ebonyi state is a gubernatorial candidate of Izzi extraction emerging from Ebonyi North senatorial district of Ebonyi state, this is timely, ripe and as imperative as a Nigerian presidential candidate emerging from Igbo Extraction come 2023.
Maintaining the Tripod stand of Fairness, equity and justice which has been the hallmark of governance in the State prehistorically till current time, it is Unarguably an Undeniable fact that the good people of Izzi the most peace loving and accommodating people of Ebonyi state deserve to occupy the gubernatorial seat come 2023,having sacrificed almost half of their landscape for the siting and hosting of the state capital territory.
It is a clear fact that several villages and communities in Izzi land have been displaced over the years as the capital city of Ebonyi state keep expanding, Izzi people bearing the host of the state capital have continued to loose their numerous asset and most tangible and valuable resources because of urbanization, expansion of the state capital , which in most cases the people are left uncompensated and their grouse trampled upon and subjected to a natural death.
Amidst these huge sacrifices of the good people of Izzi, playing the host community of state capital since creation , it is most5 heart breaking, regrettable, baleful and unworthy to be heard that the good people of Izzi haven’t produced a gubernatorial candidate since the creation of Ebonyi state, as a peace loving people, the good people of Izzi have over the years patiently respected, toed and queued into the charter of power rotation among the three Senatorial zones that make up Ebonyi state, which has been the most effective governing template in the state that have ensured even and equitable distribution of political power and resources, not minding the odds and grouse, I am optimistic that come 2023, the whole state will be agog to usher in a new gubernatorial candidate of Izzi extraction from Ebonyi North senatorial zone into the number one seat of the state.
It is important to peruse and xray through the profiles of most likely gubernatorial candidates of Izzi extraction, who may likely be taking a shot on the government house come 2023 as observed from their several body languages, among them includes :
Kindly Note :This numerical order is not in any way a product of preferences or choice.
- Chief Hon. Sylvester Obinna Ogbaga. born in 1961 is a seasoned Teacher cum Educationist, an administrator and a politician, currently representing the good people of Abakaliki/Izzi federal constituency.He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Education from the prestigious University of Nigeria, Nsukka. In 2004 he completed a Master’s degree in Education/Administration at the Ebonyi State University. Since he was elected in office, he has served in several house committees, ranging from Army, Legislative Budget and Research, Youth a d social development, Labour, employment and many others
- Architect Edon Edward O Nkwegu who was
born on 28th of August, 1960 in Ebonyi State of Nigeria. He holds a Bachelors’ and Masters’ of Science Degrees in Architecture; another Masters’ Degree in Environmental Management from Enugu State University of Science and Technology. He obtained Masters Certificate in Strategic Leadership from Albion College London. He has an Honorary Doctorate Degree in Management from the Commonwealth University of Belize in 2013. He is multi-billionaire entrepreneur and philanthropist par excellence… He is the chairman of Edon (Nig.) Ltd.
Edon Aluminium& Manufacturing Company (Nig.) Ltd.
Barcelona Hotels & Gardens (Nig.) Ltd. Enugu & Abuja, among many others.
- Chief Engr. Elias Nwelem Mbam Born on September 2 1958. Engr. Mbam attended Hartford State Technical College in the U.S. 1977 – 1979 for Associate Degree before moving to University of Nigeria, Nsukka where he bagged a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering in 1984.
An Engineer by Profession, Mbam was Chairman of Ebonyi Board of Housing between 1996 and 1998 and served as commissioner of Works, Housing and Transportation in Ebonyi State from 1999-2005 before becoming the finance Minister of State between 2006 and 2007 where he chaired the monthly Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC) he was appointed as chairman Revenue Mobilization Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC) since 2010 till Date.
- Chief Austin Igwe Edeze born in 1960 is a seasoned Teacher cum Educationist, civil servant and an astute administrator. He holds and NCE from Anambra college of Education Akwa , Bachelor Degree from the University of Nigeria Nsukka, he has served in many public positions ranging from Teacher Army Day secondary school Nkwegu, Educational secretary Izzi Local government Area Education Authority, National sec-gen, Association of Education Secretaries in Nigeria, General secretary Ọhaneze Ndị Igbo, UBEB chairman, Ebonyi state, Member Ebonyi state university governing council and 2nd Vice- President of the United World Wrestling (UWW) Africa.
- Rt. Hon Francis Ogbonna Nwifuru was born in February 25, 1975, he Holds BSc.Ed Building technology and woodwork(TVE) , Ebonyi state University, LL. B (in view) Ebonyi state University,he ventured Into active politics in 2007 when he had his first shot in 2007, he contested to represent izzi west constituency in the state house of assembly,he has served as Ex-Officio State Executive , Deputy Chief Whip cum Chairman House Committee on Lands, Survey, Urban Development and Environment and currently the the speaker of Ebonyi state house of assembly.
Chief Fidelis Nwankwo
- Former Minister of State for health and one time INEC federal commissioner, Chief Fidelis Nwankwo was the Chairman Divine Mandate Campaign.
- I will update more on His Biography and CV when I get his full details.
It is most expedient that the good people of Izzi should be smart enough , tactical and employ every political arsenal, lobbying, persuasion and perspicacity to ensure that they grab gubernatorial ticket in the two major contending political parties in the state, I also call on every interested candidates of Izzi extraction to get ready to spend their money in this course as it is not going to be business as usual while we approach the days of hope when the rain shall water the land.
In due course, I will continue to give a review to the general public on the humanitarian services and leadership pedigree of each of these outstanding leaders and politicians of our time.
Okwerike Sunday is a Political Analyst